Friday, August 24, 2012

the other cabo

Getting to Tayrona National Park is murder. After hiking up and down mountains on a crippled foot (but I love high heels!) I wasn't so sure that the jungle-meets-beach phenomenon would be worth it.

Thankfully, Tayrona lived up to all of the hype.

Here I am in Cabo, one of the safe places to swim in the Caribbean Sea. There are beautiful beaches closer to the campsite but the currents are strong there and have claimed over 100 lives as recorded by the park. So instead, we hiked for anofher hour to La Piscina and El Cabo, just two of the places where the rocks naturally break the waves.

I loved both places, as well as Arenilla Beach (right next to La Piscina.) I especially enjoyed the rocks at El Cabo, which in my fantastic imagination look like a bear and his fish friend jumping ouf of the water.

Oh, and somehow I managed to gef sunburnt even though I stayed under the shade of several trees all day.




No comments:

Post a Comment