Tuesday, August 7, 2012

fruit juice, eh?

Since tribu Bora Bora is just a short boat trip away from Iquitos, they're very much onto the tourist game. Right after inviting Pame and I to "dance" with them...

... they besieged us with jewelry to sell. By the way, "admission" to see the tribe wasn't included in the price we paid to the tour company. Bleh.

After the siege of jewelry I followed our guide into the Bora Bora kitchen where this boy was picking fruit.

The tribu invited me to try some of their food.

I tasted the jungle flatbread and fruit sauce... I thought the fruit sauce tasted pretty meaty so I asked the chief if there was any meat in there. I didn't need my guide to translate "mono, perezoso, y anaconda."

Curses, I have eaten monkey and sloth... I felt so bad I almost spit it out. But I didn't want to offend the tribu so I swallowed the one bit and left the rest of the "fruity stew" alone.

I'm so sorry, sloth and monkey friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment