Tuesday, August 7, 2012

if you've been saving up

and I mean really saving up, Condé Nast Traveler will be holding a "World on Sale" promotion to celebrate the magazine's 25th birthday. The presale starts August 13 and you must be a subscriber (or special credit cardholder, whatever) to access the sale. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until August 21 like the non-subscribers.

With over 30 itineraries at discounts deep as 65% off, it's quite tempting to star planning my next vacation before my upcoming one even begins.

But I must warn you, Condé Nast Traveler is a bespoke traveler's magazine (and bespoke is one of their favorite words.) This periodical profiles luxury cruise ships and hotels in Dubai. Once in a while there's a bargain to be had between the glossy ads for Cartier and the latest review of Costa Rica's newest 5-star eco-lodge but they are few and far between. Condé Nast Traveler is what I aspire to be but in reality, I'm more akin to Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel.

As a price point, The New Tork Times reports that a $13,000 Nepal trip that includes a helicopter ride over Mt. Everest will be sold at about $7,300. Well gee, that's a nice discount but that's still well out of my price range. Good thing I have no desire to climb that mountain!



Still, it can't hurt to look, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment